Alternative energy use (heat pump)
BUCO Falling Film Chiller in use as evaporator of a central heat pump system as project of existing heat recovery from the process
Our BUCO Falling Film Chiller support you in saving energy, e.g. in the basic supply of settlements. Rising energy costs are forcing municipalities to supply alternative forms of energy. Here, our BUCO Falling Film Chiller as heat exchanger offer an unbeatable alternative. Water is taken from nearby rivers or lakes as a heat reservoir by submersible pumps and passed over our BUCO Falling Film Chiller. Here, the BUCO Falling Film Chiller act as heat exchanger for the central heat pump system. The customers and process consultants appreciate the use of BUCO Falling Film Chiller because of the flexibility in heat transfer with different volume flows and temperatures, robustness (no destruction by icing), easy cleanability of an open system and a low control effort.
What type of renewable energy is right for me? Heat pumps as example of use
The basic supply of housing estates is achieved by means of heat and electrical energy through solar systems. For the cold season, the heat self-supply of the settlers is supplemented by a central offer, the local heat supply through a heat pump cascade. Water is taken from nearby rivers or lakes as a heat reservoir by means of submersible pumps and passed over our falling film chillers made entirely out of stainless steel.
Are heat transfer systems the right choice for you?
The lake or river water can drop to a temperature of 5°C in winter. The falling film chiller functions here as evaporators of the central heat pump system. The falling film chiller are designed in such a way that kW heat transfer is extracted from the lake or river water during evaporation. The water cools down to 1°C and is then returned to the river. The following aspects are decisive for the selection of these falling film chillers as evaporators for the central heat pump system:
- flexibility in the heat load capacity of the heat exchanger , both in terms of temperatures and the volumetric water flows
- high robustness of the systems (if extreme climatic conditions or conditions far from the design conditions that are far from the design, the units will not be destroyed, as they are not they will not be destroyed because they are open systems)
- good cleanability of the open surfaces and distribution trough, even during water operation
- low control effort of this heat pump
- Heat pump with low cost per kWh and minimal refrigerant used ideal for use of renewable energy
- Highly efficient with optimal heat transfer, low pressure drop of these heat pumps
- Easy access to the open systems of these heat pumps
- Easy to clean heat pumps ideal for use of renewable energy
- Cleaning during operation possible with these heat pumps
- Low tendency to fouling for this heat pump ideal for use of renewable energy
- No seals in this heat pump
- No destruction of the apparatus in case of ice formation of this heat pump
- Simplicity of control of these heat pumps
- Heat pumps completely made of stainless steel, also for salt water
- Special heat exchanger system design of these heat pumps possible
Why do you want to switch to renewable energy and heat transfer?
The heat energy recovered in the central heat pump system (heat recovery) is used to heat the primary circuit of the local heating supply to 12 - 15 °C in the flow. This primary circuit then supplies decentralised heat pump systems in the individual housing estates, which are used to produce both hot water (up to 45°C) by heating up and domestic hot water (60°C). Existing renewable energy is used to save the energy and costs that would otherwise have had to be spent in full.
We have always assimilated engineering science and thermodynamics optimally in the various manufacturing processes.
Thermodynamicists,mechanical engineers and welding engineers define the dimensioning, design and construction of customised heat exchanger panels and systems in materials ranging from mild and austenitic steels through to titanium, and ensure successful distribution of their work worldwide.
In doing so they fall back on production engineering expertise and calculations developed in the course of the past hundred years that are still being continuously optimised in an ongoing process.
In the perception of our customers, the Buco product stands for:
Technical and process-oriented consulting
Quality and longevity