Cooling and heat recovery?
In the case of cooling polluted liquids in the process of heat recovery or the use of a heat pump, we recommend an open, accessible at any time generating ice water unit, as to be a falling film chiller.
Waste water is heavily contaminated. Our BUCO falling film chiller with its cleaning option through smooth stainless steel surfaces, as well as possible cleaning during operation without loss of performance, is the ideal device for its application. Made entirely of stainless steel and with dimensions that can be adapted to the respective space conditions on site in terms of length, width and height, the BUCO falling film chiller is an unbeatable alternative in this heat recovery application. Powerful due to the high heat transfer coefficients (up to 2000 W/m² K) due to applications of heat recovery out of wastewater.
The following aspects should be emphasised in this regard:
- Falling film chiller as heat exchanger of the refrigeration technology for water cooling of the ice water down to 0.5 °C in the heat recovery.
- Waste water can also be used contaminated in our heat exchanger for heat recovery projects.
- Falling film chillers as heat exchangers in heat recovery projects are completely made of stainless steel.
- Waste water used for preheating, heating of fresh water as medium in a falling film chiller.
- Lowest refrigerant content of the heat exchangers as one of the main advantages.
- Safe oil recirculation of the heat exchanger system.
- Open, easily accessible evaporator system.
- Heat exchanger system is easy to inspect and clean.
- Use of existing tanks possible.
Our BUCO falling film chillers in use as heat pumps support you in saving energy, e.g. in the basic supply of housing estates. Rising energy costs are forcing local authorities to supply alternative forms of energy. Here, our falling film chillers offer an unbeatable alternative. Water is taken from nearby rivers or lakes as heat reservoirs by submersible pumps and passed over our falling film chillers. Here, the falling film chillers act as evaporators for the central heat pump system. Customers and process consultants appreciate the use of falling film chillers due to their flexibility with different volume flows and temperatures, robustness (no destruction by icing), easy cleanability of an open system, long service life due to the use of stainless steel and low control effort.
We have always assimilated engineering science and thermodynamics optimally in the various manufacturing processes.
Thermodynamicists,mechanical engineers and welding engineers define the dimensioning, design and construction of customised heat exchanger panels and systems in materials ranging from mild and austenitic steels through to titanium, and ensure successful distribution of their work worldwide.
In doing so they fall back on production engineering expertise and calculations developed in the course of the past hundred years that are still being continuously optimised in an ongoing process.
In the perception of our customers, the Buco product stands for:
Technical and process-oriented consulting
Quality and longevity