Flexible design options regarding single and double embossed dimple plates
Optimal dimple heat transfer surface and mechanical design of dimple plates for heating and cooling are the main target of manufacturing. Single embossed dimple plates are mainly integrated into process, bulk or pressure vessels, as well as they are integrated into the cooling table or conveyer industries as for their one flat inside surface. Double embossed dimple plates have an unlimited access to all industries, in which cooling or heating processes are part of the manufacturing process. Heat exchange surfaces are calculated due to each individual process application. Above all, the flexible design options of single and double embossed dimple plates allow the tempering of products during other process steps. This saves a separate thermal process stage and often increases product quality. As a result, the large single and double embossed dimple plate heat surface ensures safe process control by controlled homogeneous temperature control. In the meantime, however, the U-values are only negligibly affected by soiling or a deposit on the dimple plates . Similarly favorable temperature differences then result in a significantly better efficiency compared to compact external heat exchangers. At the same time, the products, especially food, are treated very gently.
Single and double embossed dimple plates method of operation and materials
Single and double embossed dimple plates are made of two metal sheets of the different or same thickness welded together by using laser or resistance welding. By a special inflation process fluid channels are created between the metal sheets. These plates are expanded until the desired and calculated channel height. The channel height describe the maximum space between the two welded together steel plates. All single and double embossed dimple plates heat exchanger profiles and wall thicknesses are selected for throughput, allowable working pressure and pressure drop requirements.
Single and double embossed dimple plates have been desiged, built and tested as a pressure equipment. They are supplied with an European Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC are certified by CE labelling and a declaration of conformity. If agreed additional certificates can be issued.
Together with the fittings (e.g. pipes with welded ends, flanges or threaded socket ends) these channels form a pressure chamber, through which a fluid will pass to transfer heat to/from the room enclosing the single or double embossed dimple plate. Please see details about the design, dimensions connections and authorised operational conditions in the drawings respectively the related offer issued.
If the Single and double embossed dimple plates enclosing chamber is also a pressure chamber (vacuum or pressure > 0,5 bar above ambient) this has been considered in the design.
Materials used, are mainly stainless steel as to be AISI 304 up to titanium. Stainless steel’s low thermal conductivity is partially counteracted with the ability to design thinner walls, because of its high strength and corrosion resistance. As where carbon steel in the process fields, is mostly selected due to higher thermal conductivity. Subsequently, pickled, ground or even polished sheets can be used.
Single and double embossed dimple plate connection as pressure equipment to the operating process
The connecting pipe work to the Single and double embossed dimple plate has to be laid in a way to ensure that tensions due to thermal and mechanical expansion will not lead to damage of the plate connections. The weight of the connecting pipe work has to be supported by suitable supports, If not included in the scope of delivery, we recommend the use of expansion bends and/or expansion joints.
Connection seams that have to be welded to the connections have to be carried out and checked in accordance with valid and authorised welding procedures.
The fluid connection to the Single and double embossed dimple plate is either by flanges, welding nozzles or screw pipe connections. Please note that the projected flow direction for the heat transfer fluid has to be adhered to. In case of screw connections these should be re-tightened during operational conditions after a certain operational period. The Single or double embossed dimple plate does not have any electric connection.
Single and double embossed dimple plates advantages
- Individual designs of single and double embossed dimple plates in size, shape and material enable flexible use
- Integration into vessels for mechanical and thermal doublefunction
- Very homogeneous temperature gradient, product-gentle and conciliatory tempering of products by liquids, refrigerants and steam
- Any design of the heat exchanger plates according to application criteria or demand
- Low intertia
- Better mechanical resistance to thermal cycling
- Long lifetime due to individually chosen materials
- Simple access
- Easy cleaning due to easily accessible single and double embossed dimple plates prime surface
Single and double embossed dimple plates technical data
- Sizes from DIN A5 up to 12000 x 2000 mm
- Up to 50 bar operating pressure
- Wall thickness from 0.8/0.8 up to 3.0 / 3.0 mm with double embossed profile
- Up to 12 mm groundplate with single embossed profile
- Rolled dimple plates aswell
- Surfaces: stained, ground, polished
- Certificates according to TÜV , PED , TR CU (GOST) and ASME
Single and double embossed dimple plates specifications
- Single and double embossed dimple plate heat exchanger for water, glycol, liquid nitrogen, thermal oil or steam
- As a single and double embossed dimple plate evaporator for all refrigerants with pump or injection operation
Single and double embossed dimple plates aplications and benefits
- Homogeneous tempering of liquids in tanks using laser-welded dimple jacket tank walls
- Conciliatory tempering of foods
- Heat transfer or heat recovery from puluted media and media with particles
- Additional functions, such as flow breaker in agitator vessels, carrier platforms for fryers and dryers, container or vibrating conveyor troughs, radiation panels
For over 50 years BUCO single and double embossed dimple plate heat exchangers.