A BUCO Ice Bank Silo with its extremely large ice surface enables the fastest possible product cooling even with a small refrigeration system, despite extreme load peaks. The efficiency of dynamic ice production with hot gas defrosting of a Buco Ice Bank Silo is based on the avoidance of thick ice sheets on the evaporator . In comparison, the heat conduction in static storage evaporators is hindered by the ice layer. Ice grants the maximum power reserve and safety.
For the best possible quality of food and dairy products, the cooling performance at peak loads must not break. The BUCO icemaker in the silo not only makes ice, but can also cool water directly to 0.5 ° C with even higher COP. Anevaporator of the ice storage system can be available at any time with free space without ice shells and therefore also be used as a direct cooler for heated return water. Direct cooling at the free evaporator allows a much higher efficiency of the refrigeration system due to a higher evaporation temperature and thus saves expensive electric drive energy.
This mode of operation should be used as often as possible for the base load, which can be controlled automatically by a PLC, depending on the return temperature of the water, automatically.
The ice freezes on the vertical evaporator plates to a thin layer of a few mm, which always keeps the thermal resistance low. After a few minutes of ice formation, hot gas is fed into the evaporator plates for a few seconds via an automatic controller, SPS, to separate the ice surface. Thereafter, the evaporator is again in effective form ready for a new icr msking cyclus.
BUCO Ice Bank Silo advantages
- Extremely high cooling capacity for peak loads
- High efficiency due to direct cooling option
- Completely made of stainless steel
- Minimum refrigerant content
- Minimal floor space requirement
- Easy inspection as the evaporator system is not under water
- Almost any storage tank geometry possible
- Use of existing storage tanks possible
- Production of ice or ice water for energetically favorable direct cooling.
BUCO Ice Bank Silo technical specifications
- Storage sizes from 2,000 kWh to over 10,000 kWh
- Evaporator for ammonia and freons
BUCO Ice Bank Silo applications and benefits
- Increase peak cooling capacity with smaller refrigeration system
- Reduction of power peaks in the power grid
- Use of favorable Nachstromtarife for storage
Buco Ice Bank Silo construction and dimensions
|L (m)||B (m)||H (m)|
|System type BEE||2.0||3.0||2.5|
|ice silo||D (m)||H (m)|
|up to approx.||4.0||20.0|