A BUCO Ice Bank with a constantly large ice surface allows you to cool the product as quickly as possible despite peak loads, even with a small refrigeration system. The advantage of a BUCO ice bank is the high cooling capacity for the reduction of peak cooling loads, which can be provided with relatively small refrigeration systems, because they must be designed only for the average load. For the best possible quality of food and dairy products, the cooling performance at peak loads must not break. Ice grants the maximum power reserve and safety.
The operating cost efficiency of the ice storage is based in particular on the ability to either use low-priced night power, often costs only half compared to the normal tariff or limit the maximum power requirements, because this determines the base price of the electricity supplier.
ICE BANK STORAGE MODES
Storage mode or ice buildup: In the static ice storage, the evaporator plates are in an open tank filled with water, i. A. in a rectangular tank. Ice freezes, depending on the storage time at an evaporation temperature of -4 to -10 ° C on the vertical plates to a homogeneous layer of up to 55 mm, which firmly adheres to the plates. (static ice storage).
Cooling operation or defrosting phase: The heated return water is distributed via a system of pipes arranged on the bottom of the tank, which ensures homogeneous defrosting of the ice. An air recirculation pipes at the bottom of the tank creates strong turbulence and ensures a very effective heat transfer and thus very low ice water temperatures. The air circulation is energy-saving only when needed, but then automatically. The ice surface is advantageously identical to the plate surface and remains constant until the end of defrosting, which ensures a very high, constant cooling performance.
BUCO Ice Bank advantages
- Consistently low ice water temperature until the end of the defrost period
- Ice storage completely made of stainless steel
- Lowest refrigerant content
- Safe oil return
- Open, easily accessible evaporator system
- Easy to inspect and clean
- Use of existing tanks possible
- Generate ice water with our BUCO ice storage, which uses low-cost night-time electricity tariffs.
BUCO Ice bank technical specifications
- Storage size from 50 kWh to 2000 kWh of cooling energy
- Evaporator for all refrigerants and operating modes or brine operation
- Compact, plug-in units or for on-site refrigeration systems
BUCO Ice Bank applications and benefits
- Increase peak cooling capacity with smaller refrigeration system
- Reduction of power peaks in the power grid
- Use of low night tariffs
BUCO Ice Bank construction and dimensions
WITHOUT COOLING SYSTEM
|L (m)||B (m)||H (m)|
|System type A||2.5||2.3||2.2|
|System type B up to||10||2.3||2.2|