Heat Exchange System for liquids with fluctuating temperatures or volumes
A Heat Exchange System can be used for liquids with fluctuating temperatures or volumes as well as for heat recovery from polluted gases or vapors. A variable welded construction of dimple plates as a Heat Exchange System allows the use for extremely high pressure ranges. The adapted production profile offers solutions in the entire process plant industry. The volume-dependent design proves to be particularly advantageous when two-phase media are used.
Stable process control with heat exchange systems
For stable process control, our heat exchange systems compensate load peaks or temperature jumps of liquids either by control technology or by a buffer volume of a large tank. Heat Exchange Systems have been used in refrigeration applications for a long time. Due to their technical advantages, they are also becoming increasingly popular in the chemical industry and in process engineering plants, especially in applications where tube bundle apparatus and tube coils are ruled out due to contaminated media. While these apparatuses were preferred in the past because of the favorable price, it has now been recognized that the purchase advantage is partly eaten up after short operating times due to high maintenance and cleaning costs. The use of a dimple plate Heat Exchange System is therefor particularly useful where contaminated media (e.g. exhaust air, waste water) are present for heat exchange and require easy cleaning.
Heat exchange systems in ice water storage tanks
Individual heat exchange systems with individual outputs of up to 2.4 megawatts are also used to produce +1°C cold ice water. Complex PLC controls ensure that the temperature does not fluctuate by more than half a degree Celsius. The natural refrigerant ammonia is used here, which is not only climate-neutral but also stands out for its high energy efficiency. Due to its very good thermodynamic properties, ammonia requires the least amount of energy to generate a certain refrigerating capacity. This advantage is particularly important for large refrigeration plants in the food industry, especially in dairies with their large plants, so that refrigeration plants with ammonia have proven to be a clever solution in these industries. At the same time, for example, in the case of a 2.4 megawatt unit, the ammonia filling quantities are low. Less than 750 kilograms circulate.
Heat Exchange Systems and their requirements for mass flow and optimal pressure drop
The dimple plates of a Heat Exchange System can be designed according to the requirements for mass flow and optimal pressure drop. By varying the cross section and wall thickness, operating pressures from vacuum to high pressure can be manufactured. An alternative to conventional plug-in heat exchangers with u-shaped bent tubes, can be our register of double-sided profiled dimple plates with a front head for heating or cooling as plug-in heat exchanger. Water, brine, steam or thermal oil can be used as heat transfer media. Due to the variation possibilities of the designs, our Heat Exchange Systems are used for cooling or heating almost all liquid, gaseous or particle-laden media in process plants.
Heat exchange system surface advantages
Finally, the large heat exchange system surfaces by dimple plate surfaces ensure safe process control with temperature control. Consequently, the U values are only insignificantly influenced, even if they are soiled or soiled on the boards. In the long run, therefore, significantly better efficiencies compared to compact external heat exchangers closed design. Even when it comes to contamination, our Heat Exchange Systems ensure high performance stability. The open construction of the heat exchange systems allows quick inspections as well as uncomplicated cleaning processes and thus a high degree of operational safety.
If necessary, the cooling process can be further stabilized by a slight ice build-up. As a result, this reserve of power gives you security.
Individual designs in size, shape and material enable flexible use in numerous applications and thus expand the standard.
Heat Exchange Systems advantages
- High U-valued due to slightly corrugated dimple plate surfaces
- Free cross-sections between the dimple plated optimally adapted to the product flow conditions
- Fully welded design with double tight weld
- Power stable when used with contaminated media
- Easy, fast inspection and cleaning
- Longevity thanks to complete stainless steel construction
- For fluctuating power requirement: compensation of temperature and flow fluctuations in the tank
- Simple control by buffer effect
- Minimal pressure loss on the outside
- Any design according to application criteria or specification
Heat Exchange Systems technical specifications
- Capacities from 10 kW to 1000 kW
- Any plate sizes and dimensions
- With tank or alternatively adaptable to existing tanks
- Evaporator for all refrigerants and operating modes
- Compact, plug-in units up to 100 kW or for on-site refrigeration systems
- Also for brine operation or as a liquid – liquid heat exchange system
- Also as a gas – liquid heat exchanger in the sewer
Heat Exchange Systems applications and benefits
- Compensation of temperature peaks due to large buffer volume in the tank
- Heat recovery from gases or vapors
- Solvent condensation
- Vapour condensation
- Water steam condensation
- Suitable for any solids-laden or contaminated liquid
- Bleaching Iye heating
- Pulp digester heating
- White water cooling
- Air drying
Heat Exchange Systems construction and dimensions
- Plate sizes in systems up to 3000 x 2000 mm
- Wall thicknesses 0.8 / 0.8 up to 3/3 mm
- System design and duct guidance and duct cross-sections according to individual design by experienced engineers
- Rolled cylinders or plates adapted to round containers
- Operating pressure up to 20 bar, in special cases up to 50 bar